sourceofasia.com showed that packaging market is of great potential.
- Vietnam multi-layered flexible packaging market was estimated to size 953 million USD in
- Vietnam plastic packaging is the largest segment in packaging industry with 4.7 billion USD.
The prominence of this segment is due to the growth of food and beverage industry.
- Packaging industry for processed food in Vietnam will grow by 38% between 2015 and 2020.
- Foreign giants are strengthening their presence in flexible packaging market via M&A
- Flexible packaging serves a wide range of end-user markets.
- Vietnam is depending on the import of plastic resin, net import around 10 billion USD per
year. The investment in petrochemical and downstream business is crucial for Vietnam.
- The market is dominated by 14 manufacturers, accounting for 54% of the total flexible
Opportunities for packaging market:
- New technologies in manufacturing, using new materials, investing in
advanced production lines to increase efficiency and assuring quality of
- There are strong growth opportunities from food sector, such as
consumption growth in instant coffee (12.2%), confectionery (9%),
Sauces & Condiment (7.7%).
- A strong growth in sectors such as skin care (15.1%), laundry care
(13.0%), and surface care (12.2%) will also boost the packaging
- There are many small packaging companies, so small that they cannot
capture the growth.